Wednesday, February 24, 2010

tote bags


The kids we teach in primary are 7 turning 8 so we wanted to do something special for their birthdays. We thought a bag for their scriptures and things would be appropriate.
  • I used my Cricut with the deep cut blade(at 2) to cut the fabric with the Heat-n-Bond ironed onto the back. If you don't have a Cricut you could always just cut out a letter from a stencil.
  • Then I ironed the letter(cut at 5 in) onto the bag.
  • To add some texture I used embroidery floss to stitch around the letter with different sizes and styles of stitches.

I didn't think the boys would enjoy the bright cute colors like the girls would so I also bought some plain colored bags. They are longer so I'll cut them down closer to the same size. I am excited to get them all done because they are all going to look so cute and fun with different colors and fabrics. They would be really cute with a flower or ribbon or rick rack! I love all the options!


What you'll need:
  • bag
  • fabric
  • Heat-n-Bond
  • embroidery floss & needle
  • any accessories you want to add

No comments: