Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Valentine Picture Frames

This project is so simple! 
Ok, pull out your Cricut, a frame, and some ribbon.  I found this frame at the dollarstore.  It measures 4 x 81/2. 
To cut the vinyl I used the Alphaliscious cartridge and cut the letters at 3 inches.  The hearts were from the George cartridge cut at 1 inch.  (When cutting vinyl I have found it is easiest to use a lower pressure(2) so you only cut through the vinyl.  That way it peels off like a sticker.)  Using transfer paper would be a good idea too, I didn't, but just because I don't have any on hand.
I used the line on the matt to line up the vinyl.  Making a line with masking tape would work well too.
I removed the screws and backing then used hot glue to attach the glass and ribbon to the frame.
Easy, cheep, and cute!
Go make one, then show me your ideas.  There are so many options.  In fact I have another idea with this project I'll show you as soon as I make it to the craft store!

I linked to:

Photobucket 

4 comments:

Brianna Tuckett said...

You have inspired me Carrie!! I LOVE to craft, but am NOT good at coming up with ideas, so thank you! (I'm a good copy cat though) :) I wish I lived closer to town so I could get my materials quicker!! :)

Lyndsey said...

Cute stuff! I love vinyl - I use it on everything!!!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Carrie,
So cute and so simple! Awesome! Thanks for joining my Valentine party today. Don't forget to link back :) I got the code fixed for my button so swing by and grab one.
happy crafting!
Linda

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Soo cute! I love that. Too bad I ran out of red vinyl! Dang it!